Responsible for the development and implementation of the strategy for the Line of Business Operations function (Manufacturing, Production Control and Process Engineering) to deliver quality products on time in the most cost-efficient manner while adhering to safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, cost control/reduction and environmental standards and procedures. Develops detailed plans and financial budgets for the direction and administration of operations functions/personnel. Ensures the appropriate organization structure, talent, organization development and succession plans are in place and appropriate to meet current Line of Business goals and growth objectives. Creates an environment where employees are motivated and rewarded for achieving high levels of performance. Shares best practices across lines of business in support of a "one Anaren" philosophy. Leads initiatives to improve overall plant efficiency and effectiveness by working within and across functional teams through continuous improvement processes. Works closely with the Product Line Manager to meet business growth goals and customer expectations for quality, reliability and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Directing the Operation
- Responsible for setting and executing the Operations strategy to meet overall long and short term company visions and objectives. This includes definition and communication of goals, key objectives, and performance metrics.
- Develops operational plans and financial budgets based on the company's short and long-range business objectives, existing sales, projected sales forecasts, inventory requirements, and other related factors.
- Develops and maintains detailed plans to achieve group goals, including but not limited to: employee safety, product quality and reliability, revenue, product gross margins, operating budgets, mfg first-pass yields, throughput, inventory, rework, scrap, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction goals.
- Monitors Business Line P&L, financial reports and performance metrics to ensure performance is tracking to expectations. Takes appropriate action to achieve targets as required.
- Provides direction and mentorship to immediate subordinates to ensure their targeted performance goals are consistently achieved within the established policies and programs.
- Develops and maintains an effective operations organization through the selection, training, development, compensation and motivation of all personnel assigned to the operations organization. Recommends and approves organizational structures and staffing requirements in support of company business objectives.
- Supports business development proposals and engineering efforts by providing technical and production resources necessary.
- Monitors and evaluates the alignment, performance and effectiveness of all business and operations processes within and between assigned functions to ensure 1) products meet product specifications and quality standards 2) budgets and financial targets are achieved, and 3) equipment and personnel are effectively utilized. Takes prompt corrective action when necessary to bring operational performance in line with plans and governing standards.
- Establishes a culture of process discipline where manufacturing process recipes are understood and followed by production personnel.
- Prioritizes and leads the development of new or improved process capability in support of new product or improvement goals.
- Leads the Sales and Operations Planning process for the line of business.
- Ensures assigned functions have appropriate processes and SOP's in place which are compliant with AS9100 requirements and being practiced consistently.
- Anticipates evolving customer technical and business needs and develops and/or executes the roadmap that exceeds customer expectations and requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness, then initiates, staffs and executes projects with attractive ROI's, including determination of goals and selection and projects.
- Personally develops and mentors team members to effectively apply LEAN Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques in their regular work activities.
- May be responsible for the security of the facilities.
- Complies with and supports all laws, company policies and procedures including but not limited to Equal Opportunity Employment, Affirmative Action, Business Ethics, EPA, OSHA and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies, including ethical business practices.
- Work to develop positive internal and external customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectation.
- Take personal ownership of internal and external customer issues and follow through to ensure a lasting service impression.
- Maintains the necessary communications and effective relationships with other company functions required to support the operation.
- Creates awareness of overall company performance and clarifies how each team and team member contributes to the success of the organization through regular formal and informal communications.
- Stays current with related manufacturing trends.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Leverages each member's strengths and creates a motivating environment for their team to achieve desired results.
- Able to define goals and inspire the organization to achieve them.
- Provides clear, frequent direction to subordinates, and support functions, in support of production goals.
- Strong customer service and quality orientation.
- Ability to understand customer needs and resolve issues with positive results.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive, high performing team.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and create “win / win” outcomes for people and the business.
- Demonstrated structured problem solving skills.
- Able to lead cross functional teams to identify the root cause and implement effective corrective actions for problems which impede the execution of production plans.
- Experience with LEAN and Six Sigma programs and a demonstrated passion for visual factory management techniques.
- Ability to define, acquire, process, present, and interpret the data and information necessary to monitor all aspects of the manufacturing process important to executing to the production plan.
- Demonstrated business acumen and decision making skill. Able to balance risk, strategic impact and short-long term needs to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to relate key operational performance parameters to financial performance parameters.
- Proactively identifies execution risks and applies risk management tools and techniques to mitigate.
- Working understanding of Sales & Operations Planning processes.
- Good understanding of the product's operation and key performance parameters, as well as the processes and materials used to manufacture responsible products. Basic understanding of the customer's application and key performance parameters.
- Able to maintain personal effectiveness and tolerate stress while handling multiple priorities in a fast paced production environment.
- Excellent PC Skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MRP systems, SPC systems
Bachelor of Science Degree Technical Field - Engineering or Sciences (including Computer Science)
Minimum 15 years in manufacturing including 5+ years at a senior manager level position directing operations with direct responsibility to meet production throughput and quality goals. Experience working with complex/engineered product lines. Significant experience defining and utilizing manufacturing systems, data, and metrics to plan and execute production plans.