Director of Operations
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procureme:nt, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results; lead focus groups as needed to determine viable solutions for the organization
- Identify, assess, and inform the President and members of the board of internal and external issues that affect the organization; identify causes, gather and process relevant information while generating workable solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile and maintain interaction to engage Field Investigators
- Ensure the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its Customers while staying within project budgets
- Coordinate quality and cost containment issues with the Quality Control section
- Maintain operational status reports to include data pertaining to cases received, cases delivered, timeliness, quality, and staff production
- Schedule division level working groups to continuously improve quality, timeliness, and level of performance
- Have regular interactions with Field Operations, Training, Cost and Quality Control, Business Operations, IT, Finance, HR, Business Development, Security, and Contracts to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Provide ongoing training opportunities for team members to further advance their job skills and growth within the organization
- Work with Project Managers to determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Work with Project Mangers and Financial team to prepare comprehensive budgets; work with the President and financial team to secure adequate funding for the operation of the OSI3 organization
- Other leadership and mid-level management level tasks as assign
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Must have a current and in scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in general program/project management; PMP a plus
- Must have three (3) years of experience in background investigations and five (5) years of experience in a discipline such as personnel security, investigations, adjudications, and/or polygraph. Experience as a Personnel Security Investigator preferred.
- Must have knowledge of financial management and experience in budget management and project P&L
- Must have knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to U.S. Government Clients
- Must have knowledge of current community challenges relating to the mission of the organization
- Must have knowledge of IT systems and understand how technology is used to improve efficiencies and process improvement
- Experience in building teams and leadership development.
- Knowledge of the business development process and high-level understanding on how the government procurement process works
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.