Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet, to access affordable luxury.
Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail - at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Director of Operations to act as subject matter expert in the area of operations, particularly, the fine details of systems and processes that support that business.
Success in this role requires a command of industry best practices, in the areas of: training & development (KPIs and SLAs), shipping & fulfillment, inventory management, systems and technology.
You will build relationships with other company functions (marketing, product, technology and finance), to stay ahead of and manage changes, that potentially impact the buyer/seller experience.
Additionally, the role is responsible for guiding the culture within the Operations team, to continuously reinforce and uphold our beliefs, mission and values.
This rolereports directly to the COO.
- Create an efficient and nimble organization that adapts to business needs, without sacrificing quality and performance
- Evaluate and evolve staffing and productivity planning metrics for all segments of the operations organization (Authentication, Tradesy Closet Concierge, In-house Closet, etc.)
- Drive cost improvement by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities
- Develop and execute strategy to efficiently support special projects and new service offerings
- Monitor space and expansion requirements, based on projected growth
- Evolve inventory control processes and procedures
- Own vendor relationships. Continuously evaluate terms of service and make recommendations for change, as business needs evolve
- Minimum 5-7 years leading operations, preferably within eCommerce or multi-channel fashion retail, or a marketplace
- Experience managing a 3PL partner
- Entrepreneurial - embraces change and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to call out and initiate change to processes that drive key business outcomes
- Demonstrated success coaching and developing direct reports
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at every level within the organization, including the C-suite
- Strong commercial sensibility and comfort with rigorous analysis of budgets, performance metrics and business reporting
- A natural problem solver who sees business challenges as opportunities