The Director of Operations is responsible for managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions.
The Director of Operations is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization?s service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
The Director of Operations is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. The Director of Operations will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Utilization rate of 75% or higher for the service department (Utilization is determined by the total number of billed hours to client activities in a given month.)
- Achievement of approved professional development goals.
- Continual improvement of other competencies and KPI?s as indicated in the section titled ?Competencies? below and according to the quarterly performance review.
- Achieve a score of 80% or more on Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- 100% of all service order information in the service department entered on a daily basis.
Prospective Time Allocation:
85% Managing the quality of the service delivery/operations, organizing and managing the utilization of the service/technical staff, and organizing service staff efforts to meet committed SLA?s
10% Implementing & managing policies and procedures
5% Evaluating tools and their uses within the service department
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide point of contact for escalated customer technical issues
Provide technical assistance to service engineers. This process includes strategies and guidance but does not require direct hands-on support with customers or end users.
Develop and maintain relationships with customers that further enhance < >?s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
Maintain a professional and clean appearance.
Participate in ongoing training and attainment of various manufacturer and software certifications.
Develop personal skills to work efficiently as the service manager of the Service Department.
Participate in company-sponsored job related activities.
- 5+ years of Operations Director experience in the Technology field
- Bachelor's Degreerequired; Master's Degree or higher preferred
- Familiarity with traction and the integrator role
- Ability to sell or go to sales appointments in busy times
- 3PL or Logistics experience is a plus
- Organized and can run a day by a checklist
- Personable and customer service oriented
Job Type: Full-time
- Traction/Integrator: 1year (Preferred)
- Operations Director: 3years (Required)
- Technology Industry: 1year (Required)
- 3PL/Logistics: 1year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)