Summary Responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain, and service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs, supervises and schedules all aspects of Operations, including Engineering; Building and Grounds; Technical Services including ADA and OSHA compliance; Public Safety; Security; and Custodial Services
- Coordinates the Operations activities with other departments and event related contractors to assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
- Implements and updates facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
- Ensures that Operations Department receives pertinent information for the most effective use of the facility and staffing.
- Oversees maintenance of the Physical Plant, systems, equipment and vehicles.
- Attend Event/Ops weekly or bi-weekly meetings. Development harmonious work relationship with all of departments.
- Oversight of Altum Maintenance Program to meet contractual requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and recommends a capital budgets for 1-year and 5-year long-range repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Authorizes the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Provides yearly inventory of all equipment.
- Knows and ensures all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, Risk Management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Develops program to train all employees on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency and OSHA Procedures along with conducting refresher training.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints. Conducts periodic staff meetings to discuss procedures, problems and policy changes.
- Works closely with the General Manager in the preparation and negotiation of Service Agreements. Reviews contracts for compliance with events and /or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Negotiates with vendors, unions, contractors and/or service providers.
- Develops and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety and Risk Management policies in compliance with all Corporate and governmental regulations.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies. Assist GM in implementation of any energy saving guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees special projects, such as construction, remodeling or expansion. Plans and directs outside vendors/contractors work to assure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
- Serves as MOD (Manager on Duty) as required
- Manages subordinate manager and supervisors in any of the following departments: Changeover, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Operations, Production, Engineering, Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, Technical Services, and Public Safety. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree from technical college with major in Management or Maintenance Engineering.
Minimum of 2 years experience in Supervising or Managing in a similar facility
Additional experience may be substituted for education
Supervisory experience required
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with management and all levels of staff
- Ability to effectively supervise staff
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic