The Operations Director provides support, training and resources in the context of leadership, management, operating procedures and administrative capacities to the Vice President and their respective portfolio of sites. In alignment with portfolio objectives and priorities (i.e. meet or exceed budgeted Net Operating Income (NOI), mitigate compliance risks, maintain and improve the physical assets, etc.), the Operations Director will work to resolve vacancy challenges, maximize special claims, improve compliance, pro-actively identify operating procedure deficiencies, make policy recommendations and assist with recruiting, mentoring and training site team staff.
At the direction of the VP, the Operations Director is directly responsible for the following:
- Lead assigned projects to completion with reporting to VP
- In collaboration with the wider corporate team, the Operations Director will assist the team with vacancy challenges to maximize occupancy and income.
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions and due diligence
- Assist the VP with site compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Make operating policy recommendations, draft new guidelines and job aids for VP approval and implement with the site teams.
- Analyze the monthly financial performance of assigned assets and work with site teams to execute written variance reporting and developing plans to offset negative expense variances.
- Participate in the recruiting process for open positions at sites, provide new hire onboarding and training and act as ongoing mentor for new and struggling employees.
- Improve customer service by quickly responding to resident comments/complaints and escalating to VP as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the VP and their respective regional teams.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Position is based at out of one of the portfolio sites and requires the flexibility to effectively work from each of the sites throughout the assigned portfolio, from a remote (home) office and from other States as needed.
- Flexibility to travel 25%-50% of the time is essential, and may exceed 50% during and after peak acquisition periods or as business demands require.
- Ability to work within a very dynamic environment and balance significant hours of office work and overtime.
Related Management Company (RMC) is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable and workforce housing located throughout the United States.