KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Director of Operations will provide tactical support to the Vice President of Global Operations. The incumbent will be accountable for ensuring the Operations Supervisors, the Operations Managers as well as the personnel within the field operations group have the appropriate equipment, tools, training and support to be successful in the safe execution of the technologies under the Xylem AIA platform. In addition, they will administer the various department budgets and will be accountable for creating and populating operational reports for review / presentation by the Global Operations Vice President.
- Hiring, developing and managing the Operations Supervisors / Managers within Xylem’s AIA platform.
- Ensure a safe working environment remains a top priority of the leaders in the group. Reinforce and motivate operations staff to consistently operate safely and ethically through role modeling, adherence/enforcement of health and safety practices and policies and a culture of open communication in which concerns can be brought forward.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance, provide coaching and feedback and make salary / bonus recommendations / approvals for assigned operations personnel.
- Execute a well-defined communication and engagement model to ensure their teams understand the performance of our business and the needs of their teams to execute successfully.
- Accountable for the implementation of standardized processes and practices across all regions and technologies; may be operations, technical or business focused.
- Work with the managers and leads of supporting departments to identify and implement process efficiencies (i.e. data analysis, health and safety, tool support, project management, finance, human resources) along with the continuous identification and implementation of operational best practices.
- Consolidate operational statistics and metrics and report on them, with observations and recommendations, to the Vice President, Global Operations.
- Work with operations supervisors / managers and project managers to forecast staffing requirements and then develop recruitment / training strategies to execute on requirements.
- Create, track and continually improve upon a cost-effective strategy or business plan for the operations department. Support the Vice President, Global Operations with the management and administration of the departments’ operations budget.
- Support the Business Line Managers and Technical Product Leads with the documentation of standardized technical processes and practices.
- Liase with the Technical Product Leads and Learning & Development Manager to create and implement a standardized technical training program that accelerates the development of field operations.
- Provide support to Project Managers and Business Development with high profile projects; as required.
- Manage and develop the operational client relationships by conducting (where appropriate) operational client review meetings and day to day ops liaison.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills at a senior level.
- Proven ability to translate business strategy into day-to-day delivery.
- Strong commercial understanding and previous accountability for profit targets.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop talent.
- Demonstrated understanding of operations and the inter-dependent relationships operations have with their support groups (i.e. tool support, supply chain, finance, people services) as well as their clients, may they be internally or externally focused (i.e. business development, project management, the client).
- Demonstrated technical aptitude through application of technology in previous positions.
- Proven ability to create and deliver presentations to staff and senior management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; will consider diplomas with additional 2-4 years of additional experience
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership role
- Extensive project management experience with an emphasis on process efficiency; highly desirable
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% throughout the year.