Director of Operations
US - WA - Tukwila
The position is responsible for directing the functions and activities of our Operations organization to include manufacturing, production control, shipping & receiving, supply chain, facilities, tooling, and equipment. The Director of Operations will develop strategies to achieve operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics. Duties involve directing the Operations organization on a daily basis to ensure execution of the company business plan while simultaneously implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives that will deliver long term benefits. Core Competencies Required for this Position:
• Results driven and action oriented with ability to provide sustained high levels of energy.
• Highly Analytical and comfortable telling a compelling story with numbers
• Leadership skills – demonstrated professional level skills to positively motivate, overcome barriers and act as champion/change agent for continuous improvement and to establish accountability for meeting strategic objectives.
• Excellent eye for identifying and developing a highly driven and high performing team.
• Aversion to being satisfied and highly driven to exceed expectations Primary Responsibilities: • Ensure the Operations organization accomplishes Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost performance objectives. When misses occur, develops a credible recovery plan with team.
• Manage Key Performance Indicators and Reporting on daily performance.
• Champion and initiate Continuous Improvement projects to increase Revenue per Square Foot and Revenue per Employee.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing principles
• Identify new opportunities to impact business and operations goals positively. Manages these projects to rapid completion.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities based on policies, objectives and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
• Determine performance and product quality and direct accountability for that performance.
• Brief and communicate with customers, suppliers and corporate executives with high intensity and professionalism. Minimum Education or Experience:
• Equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
• Minimum 7-10 years manufacturing and operations experience.
• Lean Manufacturing experience, training and/or certification.
• Continuous Improvementexperience, training and/or certification such asSix Sigma.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.