Director of Operations
5 - 7 years experience • Metals & Mining
Moline Forge is a 102-year-old family owned company with a reputation for delivering the highest quality forged products. With new management in place, the company is in the midst of improving the company culture, work environment, and profitability of the company, building on a very strong reputation and knowledge base. A strong manufacturing leader in the role of Director of Operations will have an enormous impact on the organization now and into the future.
The Director of Operations at Moline Forge will be responsible for managing the day-to-day manufacturing operations of the forging facility.
As a key leader on the management team, he/she will play a significant role in defining the strategy of the company and in prioritizing investments and projects.
The focus of the position will be to establish procedures for all processes from order scheduling to manufacturing to shipping. From there, building a culture of continuous improvement will be the focus.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinating, managing, and monitoring the work of production and maintenance personnel
- Collaborating with sales and marketing to target new business; leading efforts to launch new products in production to meet sales and new product development objectives
- Scheduling short- and long-term production projects
- Working with the production team to resolve production problems and directing action to correct problems
- Monitoring operating costs, quality, and quantity of work
- Directing the control and flow of inventory, distribution of jobs, and personnel to the appropriate work cells in order to meet delivery commitments
- Overseeing inventory management in order to maintain appropriate levels for production; implementing procedures to identify and reduce slow-moving or obsolete inventory
- Spearheading Continuous Improvement efforts, including implementing Lean concepts
- Directing the service and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Encouraging a company culture that cares for its customers, employees, and the community
- Creating, promoting, and maintaining a safe work environment
- Implementing procedures and maintaining compliance with Company requirements as well as OSHA and other government regulations
- Leading safety investigations and internal audits
- Processing safety reviews
- Establishing and managing a safety program
- Demonstrated strong and effective leadership and staff development skills, including the ability to articulate the path to change and improvement at all levels of the organization
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines as well as the ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to travel as-needed, including evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of metal products preferred
- Experience in a short-run production environment, preferably in discrete manufacturing
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt preferred; Lean/Six SigmaBlack Belt strongly preferred
- Current and valid driver’s license, and ability to meet the organization’s insurability requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Word, Outlook, and Access with strong skills in Excel, including formulas, spreadsheets and formatting
- Experience using an ERP system for scheduling and planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, plus 7years of progressive management experience
- The equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Paid Holidays including floating holidays
- Paid Vacation
- FANTASTIC Group Health Planincluding:
- Prescription Drug
- Life Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you have the qualities we’re looking for, APPLY TODAY!
Thorough pre-employment screening including employment verification and criminal background check required; pre-employment drug screen conducted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.