General Purpose of Job:
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the operational departments of the company as outlined in the Accountability Chart which support the Freight Bill Audit and Payment process of the company. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and sits on the Leadership Team. The position assists the Leadership team in setting the direction of the company and it?s annual/quarterly objectives. The position will drive strategy, development and implementation of the operations groups objectives.
- Provide timely reporting to CEO
- Maintain positive ratio of revenue per manager and employee for operational departments
- Maintain quality and integrity of operations with minimal defects/errors measured by 3 errors or defects per 1,000 bills processed
- Ensure all departments meet company objectives for their area
- Complete assigned company objectives (Rocks)
- Lost time accidents kept to minimum
Overall Job Requirements:
- Strategic and systemic thinking
- Identify strengths and gaps in the operations group
- Ability to execute a strategic plan
- Ability to create new solutions in response to changes in both industry opportunities, people development, creativity and results obsession
- Growth oriented vision with focus on improving quality product/experience for the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned:
- Working with the operations management team, contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization?s mission?specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organizational planning.
- Ensure direct reports are meeting their objectives and emulating company core values
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Know and understand workings of each department
- Review company procedures and protocols for weaknesses or deficiencies and recommend corrective action
- Collect scorecard reports from all the department heads and report data to the CEO
- Solve operative problems that arise throughout day on a timely basis
- Delegation of duties to right individuals
- Coordinate activities between different departments
- Increase efficiency and overall operations of the entire company
- Monitor and implement approved budgets for each operational department
- Solve disputes that arise between employees or departments and act as a link between the employees of the department and also between the department managers
- Schedule, attend and hold Ops10 weekly management meetings.
- Assist the Company in providing a safe workplace for all employees
* Problem solve with both internal and external clients on an as needed basis
* Create policy and procedures within and outside of department
* Coach, train and implement quality improvement initiatives
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Previous Work Experience:
Normally three to five years of previous work experience is required to meet job standards.
Language and Communication Skills:
This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents. The position will respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. The Manager will write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. This position will effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
This position will calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. The Manager will apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The Manager will possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The position will interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Features of the Job:
Direction of Others:
The Manager will make job offers to potential new staff members and will directly initiate Disciplinary Action for staff members. This position will lead groups of more than ten people in semi-complex tasks.
Confidential Data and Information:
The Manager regularly works with and has access to confidential data which if disclosed could seriously affect the Company?s external or internal affairs or undermine its competitive position.
Contacts and Communication:
This position requires frequent complex contacts with others within the Company and frequent contacts outside of the company.
Independent Function and Judgment:
Very frequently, assignments are received in the form of results expected with considerable freedom to decide work priorities and procedures.
Analytical Ability Required to Gather and Interpret Data:
A relatively high level of analytical ability is required in order to gather and interpret complex data and to find solutions to unusual and difficult problems.
To attain satisfactory performance standards under normal supervision, three months to one year of experience on the job is normally required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee will climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently push buttons, answer phone, handle materials or parts weighing up to 5 pounds. This position will perform the job sitting or with intermittent standing walking. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Vision requirements include close vision with clear vision at 20 inches or less and distance vision with clear vision at 20 feet or more; peripheral vision and depth perception . The Manager must also possess color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and have the ability to adjust focus. This position may experience a moderate level of visual fatigue 80% of the time due to the frequent interaction with the computer.
Equipment and Related Materials:
The employee has a high level of responsibility for the equipment and materials used, the value of which is normally over $10,000.
Safety of Others:
Moderate caution or attention is required to prevent injury to other workers.
The employee is not likely to have accidents and/or health hazards. It is possible that the employee will receive minor injuries such as bruises, cuts, and burns, scratches or sprains.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
No PPE is require, however office furniture is addressed for any ergonomic related concerns.
Other Requirements of the Job:
Completion of internal training modules, skill level program, or other training programs may be required.
Computer Proficiency: Advanced proficiency on e-mail, spreadsheet and word processing software required; must be able to view, read, and send e-mail; create, edit and print spreadsheets; and create, edit, and print documents.
Travel: travel is required occasionally about 5-10% of the time using a personal vehicle, or Company vehicle or other modes of transportation with general territory being covered is North America; mileage reimbursement for use of a personal vehicle is provided per Company policy.