The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with the RCM, IT/IS, finance, clinical operations to improve revenue results. The position directs, plans and organizes the staff and clients’ billing and collection activities. The RCM Director is accountable for clients’ RCM outcomes, providing significant leadership and stewardship of clients’ revenue.
- Direct complex RCM projects and teams for healthcare clients and oversee the operations in the assigned office(s).
- Implement necessary job guides, workflows, policies, practices and procedures related to revenue cycle initiatives
- Manage a complex group of clients with a wide range of practice types and ensure that performance measurements for those clients are consistently met, tracked and communicated
- Ability to hire, develop, mentor, correct and lead an effective, successful staff
- Able to strategically plan and create change initiatives; strong analytical and organizational skills
- Use business acumen (financial, market, industry data, etc.) to achieve RCM outcomes
- Implement well developed business practices (financial, market, industry) related to RCM
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for assigned operation
- Function as an Executive contact for clients
- Establish and support strategic client and customer relationships
- Ensure compliance requirements are documented, monitored and met
- Evaluate existing reporting options and enhance as appropriate to ensure client satisfaction
- Collaborate with peers to improve communication with clients as they relate to government mandates, initiatives, incentives and penalties
- Ensure the capture of denials and other relative reason codes from payer remittance for use in client communication, coding education, system setup and other process improvements
- Reinforce standardized operational workflows to ensure efficiencies, quality outcomes and maximized revenue
- Coordinate routine team and/or site specific staff training meetings to ensure ongoing training and education
- Work with management team to develop dashboard reporting that the managers will be responsible to maintain and use to demonstrate performance
- Operationalize standard issue tracking tool to be used as agendas, minutes, and as a historical reference of issues resolved and decision agreed upon with client
- Improve trending skills and analytical skills of AR Managers
- Ensure that key performance indicators are measured, monitored and met for each clients, and ensure accountability of the AR Managers
- Achieve goals set forth by supervisor and CHMB Executive team.
- Other duties as assigned
- College or University degreepreferred;
- Extensive revenue cycle & operational experience in the healthcare industry; 7+ years of combined experience in management, revenue cycle and operation experience within a large physician practice or healthcare system.
Technical: Extensive knowledge on use of email, search engine, Internet; ability to effectively use payer websites and Laserfiche; knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, Excel. Preferred experience with various billing systems, such as NextGen, Pro and Allscripts. Epic.