Our client, a global franchise restaurant chain is looking for their Director of Operations for Latin America and the Caribbean. He/ she will be focusing on identifying and helping implement strategies that will continuously improve the Customer Experience and return on investment. Coordinate strategic initiatives to better leverage the efforts of RD, Business Units, ADMs, APMs, DAs/FCS and franchisees. Identify Latin America best practices, propose solutions and help to convert these into practical tools for the region.
Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and Spanish.
Must have strong QSR experience
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Regional Strategic Planning:
- Work to support the Latin America RD and ADM team implement both global and Latin American strategic plan initiatives.
- Identify, adapt and implement strategies to improve wider Customer Experience and return on investment for franchisees through improving operations performance. For example - Operations (Procedures, financial literacy, inventory management, cost analysis) and business management strategies (POS, labor cost, staff retention and customer satisfaction) for Latin America.
- Participate in the annual development and ongoing review of business operating plans for all key Latin American markets.
Support development and implementation of materials and programs to support Latin American regional requirements:
- Assist w/ operational procedures, training and requirements as new systems, equipment, technology, menu, etc. are rolled out.
- Coordinate Latin American rollouts with Ops/R&D/, Marketing, Training, Regional staff (RD and APMs) & DAs/FCs to address regional issues with respect to new initiatives & product introductions.
- Assist RD and ADMs to address inconsistencies in operational materials and standards from DA area to DA area. Assist RD and ADMs to address the serious discrepancies with evaluations audits in operations performance, customer service, salesreporting and compliance evaluations in order to coach DAs and Field Consultant on the improve sales accuracy, reduce franchisee operating costs due to poor practices and improve operational guidance & support provided by DA offices throughout the region.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the country ops team.
- Ensures country cross-functional team is building a strong foundation for the brand to increase brand awareness, sales, profits and smart development growth.
- Manage issue resolution in conjunction with Regional Marketing Director, regional director, strategic teams and Area Development Managers.
- Provide effective problem solving recommendations to overcome country specific challenges for the business.
- Ensure all ADMs and operations staff have strong induction, training and development plans, so that they are able to provide advanced operational knowledge and support to the business (short and long term).
- Deliver strategy and explains strategic approach to board and all other stake holders to ensure buy-in and collaboration.
- Ensure communication across countries, cross functional teams, regions, and key teams, including Marketing, R&D, Legal and PR.
- Partner to Regional Director.
- Help prepare training presentations and guidance as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- B/A B/S, MBA a plus.
- QSR operational background required.
- 8+ years in Sr. Operations role with extensive QSR background.
- Computer proficiency and understanding of all basic MS programs –Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Self-Starter. Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Track record of driving strong business results.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills required.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced environment.