SUMMARY: We are working with a global manufacturer that markets and distributes industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on a Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations / Manufacturing is a key member of the executive leadership team and leads the majority of the headcount in the USA operation. This position is an integral player in achieving the company's revenue and profit goals that require a candidate with a solid leadership skill (Business & Manufacturing sides) and leanexperience, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Enable managers to achieve monthly and annual targets in delivery, service, quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets for multiple locations.
- This role will drive and sustain the cultural and technical changes necessary to make our client's plant a best in class Lean manufacturer.
- This role will serve as the leader for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within the plants.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for both the plant and distribution center.
- This position will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
- Work with members of Quality, Production, Supply Chain, and Engineering to assure successful product launches, control of process and product quality.
- The position will be responsible multiple manufacturing and distributionfacilities.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility as a manufacturing and operations leader
- BS degree Engineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degree a plus
- Experience leading multiple production and distribution sites
- Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, 5s, and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong experience in driving positive change ? process & operations turnaround improvements
- Ability to exceed all department metrics and measurements
- Excellent interpersonal skills?edge, energy, and the ability to lead and energize others.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
- Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines? sometime with conflicting requirements
- Ability to develop, interpret and applyrequired policies and procedures
- Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
- Ability to travel to different manufacturing facilities