The Director of Institutional Services delivers leadership and direction for four teams providing on-going administrative and consultative services to institutional clients. The Director partners frequently across the organization with sales and account management as well as internal operations departments in support for annuity and mutual fund defined contribution plans. The Director also interacts as needed with high profile clients to resolve complex and sensitive issues.
Institutional Services is a fast-paced and dynamic environment requiring quick and accurate response and resolution to internal and external questions and issues. The functions are high impact and include proactive and responsive activities required to support plan sponsors in the administration of retirement plans such as qualified plans, 403(b) plans and deferred compensation plans.
The Director of Institutional Services reports directly to the Vice President of Institutional Services and works closely with Sales and Account Management, Legal, Information Technology, Internal Operations, Plan Sponsors and their consultants and attorneys. In this role, the Director has one Associate Director and two Managers as direct reports with a total of five managers and 42 team members.
1. Leadership – Provide strategic direction to the team on client services, compliance testing, market positioning, capital projects and regulatory guidelines/changes.
2. Communication – Partner across the organization to deliver exceptional results for plan sponsors in support of client retention and acquisition. Provide exceptional communication to internal partners and to plan sponsors via teleconference and written communication.
3. On-going Services Management – Work closely with key business partners to provide problem resolution, plan and schedule special procedures for high profile cases, develop and implement process changes when needed and maintain solid internal working relationships for on-going delivery of exceptional service to clients.
4. Platform Enhancements – Provide vision and champion the on-going development of the plan sponsor website enhancements and online components.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
1. Demonstrated strategic leadership and management capabilities
2. Proven results through consultation, crucial conversation, and negotiation skills
3. Success in leading large scale, strategic initiatives and developing creative solutions
4. Excellent client relationship management skills with internal and external clients
5. Strong background in group benefits or defined contribution plans
6. Solid expertise in both process management and workflow improvement
7. Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience