Director of Operations Infrastructure
Set sail with the Tugboat Logic Crew! We are looking for a new crew member to join our Operations team as the Director of Operations Infrastructure located in Canada or the USA.
Small but mighty … tiny tugboats can maneuver huge ships … that’s what the crew at Tugboat Logic does time and again by leading our clients through to calm waters. Tugboat Logic sets the industry standard for InfoSec. Our mission is to make security a business advantage for every organization. As the “TurboTax” of information security, our prime directive is to help our clients take the misery and mystery out of security compliance. We demystify the dark art of building and managing InfoSec programs using automation, AI, and powerful workflows. Most importantly, we save our clients time and money and help them become secure and compliant quickly and painlessly! The role of Director of Operations Infrastructure is dynamic, engaging, and challenging … read on to learn more!
As a critical member of the Operations team, this role will be responsible for the delivery of major projects and overseeing day-to-day operations. We are looking for a skilled, knowledgeable, and passionate individual who thrives on solving hard problems and working in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Own, drive and lead the planning, execution and outcome of major technology infrastructure projects led by the operations team.
- Project manage complex projects with multiple work streams and cross-functional and/or cross-company interdependencies, ensuring on-time and high-quality deliverables.
- Manage operations team managers and/or individual contributors to support the delivery of projects led by the Director of Operations Infrastructure.
- Proactively provide regular project updates to the VP of Operations on project progress, upcoming milestones, project risks, interdependencies and areas requiring input or decision making from the VP of Operations.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the VP of Operations, executive team, and OneTrust on operations and business issues related to the overall performance of the company.
- Conduct independent problem solving with a solution-oriented approach when engaging other team members or stakeholders.
- Prioritize and de-prioritize work to ensure continuous alignment between individual/team priorities and project objectives to Tugboat’s KPIs and strategic initiatives.
- Support integration initiatives between Tugboat Logic and OneTrust, including the technical migration/integration of the two companies’ tech stacks.
- Define and operationalize business processes to support the rapid scaling of Tugboat’s individual functions and overall business.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement by building business cases that include the problem identified, the solution proposed, and the impact expected.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience leading Operations infrastructure projects, ideally at a B2B SaaS company
- 5+ years of people management experience; multiple layers is a plus
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to anchor daily decision making in the strategic objectives of the business
- Track record of successful project management with a demonstrated ability to manage and deliver complex technical projects with interdependencies and multiple stakeholders
- Strong technical foundation with the ability to understand, problem-solve, and architect an integrated revenue operations tech stack
- Experience in designing and implementing processes to support scalability
- Experience integrating key components of a revenue tech stack following M&A is a plus
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- We are looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to grow into an executive role
- Solution-oriented problem-solving approach
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Salesforce, Marketo, Gainsight, SaaSOptics system admin experience
- Existing understanding of B2B SaaS operations infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile or sprint-based methodology
- Brings a strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable working with remote teams across Canada and the US
- Ability to be flexible and pivot when necessary
- Very hands-on, ready to dive into the details
- A results-oriented leader who is entrepreneurial, energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success
- Outstanding communication skills
- Bring a positive attitude to work each day, lifting up and supporting other team members
- Lead with a people-first approach and a desire to bring the best out of everyone
- Embody and live the Tugboat values: integrity, transparency, trust, and positive culture
Our expectations of this role are high, and we demand the best. In return, we provide a work environment that is professionally challenging, personally rewarding, and intellectually stimulating. Guided by strong leadership, we support the initiative, encourage ambition, recognize, and reward talent (monetary incentives and opportunities for advancement).
What you can expect from us …
- A fun, fast paced, diverse and supportive work environment that respects everyone
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
- Top level talent to work alongside you
- The opportunity to be a key player in designing, implementing, maintaining, and iterating a unified, company-wide Revenue Operations mindset based system that prioritizes the overall revenue goals of Tugboat without restricting any one team from delivering their best results.
- A key spot in a fast-growing start-up where you will have ownership in your role, responsibility for your results, and enablement, support, and training to remove any roadblocks
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and skills
- Full complement of benefits
- Great opportunities for training and development, and career advancement
- Remote work environment where you work remotely but don’t feel remote (offices may reopen after COVID)