Provide leadership and is responsible for all aspects of the Operation for the Construction and Safety Products Business Units; personnel, productivity, on-time delivery performance, cost, budgeting/forecasting as well as asset management. Manage and develop a team in a fast paced environment with a commitment to process improvements in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery performance and inventory management utilizing business practices/processes to include 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Deploy company and factory policies and strategies to staff throughout the manufacturing operation and translate them into business, team and personnel goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct overall manufacturing activities of the Business Units
- Maintains a safe working environment consistent with all local, state and OSHA requirements.
- Originates, measures, and improves key indicators for the business unit (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost).
- Ensures the quality systems are established and maintained.
- Continues to enhance the LEAN culture. Ensures the production area maintains a clean, well-organized environment through “continuous improvement” and 5S. Implements and drives “continuous improvement” activities by eliminating non valued added activities in the manufacturing process (waste elimination).
- Develop budgets and forecasts. Approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet productivity and customer requirements.
- Establishes work requirements and ensures production schedules are met.
- Develop Staff and a culture within the business unit dedicated to the highest levels of quality and customer service
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Engineering or other Technical Degree preferred/MBA preferred
- 10-15 years Manufacturing leadership experience Plant Manager/Director or Manager of Operations in a heavy duty manufacturing environment. (i.e. Galvanizing/Hot Forge/Welding/Plasma Cutting/Punch Press)
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Understanding of Operations Metrics and managing to metrics
- Ability to influence metrics through planned decision making
- Experience with forecasting manufacturing needs/manufacturing hours to meet key objectives
- Ability to understand bottleneck in shop, improve, identify opportunity for improvement and implement plan for change
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and training skills
- Dynamic, results oriented, metric driven, disciplined leadership
Bachelors Degree in Engineering General