The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 48,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. Freudenberg & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, with its Headquarter in Weinheim, is the strategic parent company of the broadly diversified Group. Freudenberg Medical is a leading global manufacturer of components for medical devices, complex catheter systems for minimally-invasive surgery and total solutions for the biotech, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Director of Operations
Must have medical device manufacturing technical knowledge with ability to develop and lead teams
- Develop direct reports: Determine employees’ career goals and required development areas using a succession planning process, Meet with employees 1:1 several times quarterly (dependent on the capabilities of the employees) to track progress on their career development and company objectives and provide annual reviews to employees; reward appropriately and manage non-performers out of the organization.
- Ensure employees have clear job descriptions, written processes, and the required training and cross training so the department can execute properly.
- Establish and then maintain with HR an employee screening and training program.
- Communicate the vision of the Operations department and its role in the company vision.
- Ensure Safety and Emergency Response policies are followed and metrics posted.
- Understand, define, and communicate the current and desired culture. Identify and implement specific actions to develop and manage culture.
- Work across all functional areas to ensure that efforts are aligned and integrated for maximum effectiveness.
- Work with Product Development (PD) to improve the transition of projects into production. Help identify the proper cell or if a new cell is required for the product in manufacturing. As required, work with Product Development to establish goals in their charter before the PD team is released.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the Production Managers and their manufacturing cell(s) and the associated supporting operations. Create a culture in the manufacturing organization that centers on: Understanding and then exceeding the customers’ needs. Employing an open relationship, act as the Freudenberg Medical face to the client and making the productions lines the focus of the organization.
- Ensure all productions lines are managed in a lean manner and employees understand that and act accordingly.
- Improve Quality. Focus on product, process, and paperwork quality.
- Ensure materials are managed in a lean manner.
- Develop and implement planning around facility layout, line layout and infrastructure support.
- Use appropriate metrics to ensure the organization is performing at the highest level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations management or technical degree. MBA or equivalent experiencepreferred.
- Minimum 10 years of manufacturing management experience or equivalent.
- Well-rounded technical experience in medical product development and manufacturing disciplines.
- FDA Quality System Regulation, ISO 13485 and design control experience.
- Understanding and application of lean principles.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Visio.
- Green Belt certification in Lean or Six Sigmadesired.
- Drives team with performance metrics in accordance to business strategies and goals.
- Ability to train and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers.
- Initiative and strong Leadership skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions and resolve conflicts
- Ability to plan organize and direct
- Ability to travel as required (minimal)
- Involves sitting, standing and/or walking, with occasionally ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.