The Director of Operations will be directly responsible for the following departments:
- Customs Brokerage (in conjunction with Director of Compliance)
Minimum 10 years freight forwarding operations/management experience
Energetic & motivational to customers and employees.
Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills.
Confidence and decisiveness.
Strong organizational skills.
Promote and ensure strong team environment.
STAFF 5 DIRECT REPORTS – --TOTAL = 11
- Direct active involvement with staff, supervisors and management to ensure awareness of all activities and taking lead role in managing problems.
- Oversee, budget and manage staff operational training o TSA/CCSF – Initial and annual recurring
- DG Training: Initial and every 2 years recurring for ops staff.
- Compliance: Export/Import. Internal training/updates, use of consultant and other outside
- sources. Critical to ensure strict compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Customer service: Implement a constant improvement process and make sure all employees are aware of mission and work to achieve it.
- Vendor Management (in conjunction with Trade Lane and Pricing Managers)
- Rate/contract Negotiation
- Approval/revocation of services
- Ensure complete compliance with CAR/CAPA policies. o Initiate corrective action with vendors
- as needed.
- Daily operational audits in conjunction with GM and coordinated action to resolve any issues.
- Warehouse cleanliness, safety & organization
- Review, analyze, and enhance current quality procedures.
- Implement new quality procedures consistent with Company standards.
- Ensure compliance with Company procedures.
- Ensure regulatory agency compliance including but not limited to: IATA, TSA, FAA, DOT, US
- Customs, FMC, DOC, & DOS.
- Ensure appropriate training of Company ethics and industry knowledge to employees.