Director of Operations - Food Mfr
8 - 10 years experience •
Growing food manufacturer is looking for a Director of Operations. Will report directly to the CEO.
- The Director of Operations position oversees plant activities in order to meet business objectives and is accountable for all aspects of plant performance. Will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that?s consistent with quality requirements. The Director of Operations will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the processing plant. Will be a change agent driving continuous improvement in all areas of the plant.
- Champions continuous improvement on the manufacturing floor.
- Manage daily operations in our plant facility
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility
- Test and monitor plant processes
- Remain in compliance with facility ISO standards and all HSE guidelines
- Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports
- Control costs to achieve company budget goals
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
Education and Experience
A minimum of 8+ years of operations experience in a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
Mechanical Engineering degree
Strong continuous improvement experience
LEAN and/or Six Sigma leadership experiencepreferred.
Skills & Abilities
Must be a champion for change and improvement.
Must be a proven leader and motivator of people.
Results oriented. Data and metrics driven.
Able to work with associates throughout the organization, possess skills to influence those associates and garner the cooperation needed to move improvements in a positive direction.
Must be able to read and interpret documents, drawings, catalogs, data sheets and vendor quotes.
Be familiar with Lean/six sigma production methods and be able to lead/assist with the implementation of said methods.
Possess project management / task management skills that include the ability to plan, prioritize, organize, gather facts prepare schedules, document processes and procedures and execute sound judgement in decision making.
Proficient in software - MS Office.