The Director of Operations for FSG-Chicago will oversee the local market for electrical construction and will be required to exemplify professional and ethical leadership. We are seeking someone who will set the example in all areas, but especially: self-discipline, compassion, integrity, work ethic, time management, communication skills, diplomacy, and a willingness to serve.
The Director of Operations for FSG-Chicago will
- Report directly to Executive Vice President of Midwest Operation
- Coordinate with Executive Vice President and other Midwest Directors of Operations to increase revenues and profits for FSG as a whole
- Responsible for growing local market presence, revenue, and profits
- Determine business strategies, growth opportunities, and operational improvements - working with Local Department Managers where applicable
- Fiscal responsibility of all assets and liabilities under local operating company control
- Yearly forecasting of P&L budgets
- Monthly audit of income and expenses at the operating company level
- Manage staff and oversee day to day operations of local operating company
- Manage departments that are not fully developed until such time that a Department Manager is required (as determined in conjunction with the Executive Vice President)
- Motivate, develop, and direct local operating company personnel to achieve short and, long term organizational goals
- Fully understand operating systems to properly enforce best practices and compliance of local operating company employees
- Enforce FSG best practices including, but not limited to: safety, operational systems, job reporting and tracking procedures, and HR policies and procedures
- Lead weekly team meetings
- Perform regular reviews with direct reports
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Business or related field.
- Electrical construction experience in commerical and industrial preferred
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the electrical construction field
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in electrical construction or lighting sales
- MUST be able to pass a drug and background screen.
- Ability to establish a long term strategy for the market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Deep knowledge of the market of lighting, lighting sales and electrical construction
- Experience in lighting and electrical a plus!