The position is responsible for managing all aspects of productivity and profitability of a high volume distribution center to include: facility budget, operating costs, productivity, quality, and staffing. Also accountable for the management and development of the leadership team. Accountable for providing strategic direction and continuous improvement direction for the facility. Accountable for achieving facility KPIs to include: inventory turns, inventory capacity, turnover ratios, operating expenses, and safety goals.
- Manages for overall facility profitability including: safety, productivity, operating expense, LPH, quality and resource allocation.
- Allocates and manages Operation’s resources/roles based on Operation’s and budgetary targets and customer expectations.
- Drives positive associate relations built on the 8 Pillars Associate Relations model through utilization of established planning and communication models.
- WOW and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drives a high performance organization through:
- Contributing to region strategic direction through tactical implementation of key projects and
initiatives in the facility
- Aligning the culture of the facility to the overall company strategy and structure
- Supporting local project/WOW teams and making fact based decisions.
- Interacts with Sales and other functions to resolve customer issues and ensure profitability.
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the supply chain
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, achieve results and foster strong customer service orientation.
- High degree of initiative, team building and dedication to effect positive change.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
10 years:managing a large scale, high volume distribution center
10 years:10years of job related experiencerequired