The Director of Operations for Operational Compliance and Project Governance is responsible for the creation, implementation and enforcement of TIO operational policies and procedures across the Elsevier Technology Organization.
The right candidate will be passionate in the creating and evangelizing of pragmatic policies and processes to ensure that infrastructure and operations within Elsevier is implemented consistently and effectively risk managed.
This role is also responsible for a project management function which will coordinate cross team projects executing within the Technology Infrastructure and Operations organization.
This role will drive operating standards and initiate project work in order to maximize their team members effectiveness as well as implement appropriate metrics and reporting to monitor team performance.
- Excellent stake holder management skills. Ability to cultivate and maintain solid relationships with the leadership of other teams and third party vendors. Represents the IT team to customers and other managers within department.
- Generate regular reporting including KPIs, metrics and SLAs reporting, executive reporting and other ad hoc reporting as required by management Provide continuous improvements in operational capabilities to optimize efficiency
- Managing global teams across multiple physical locations including work assignment and tracking, career development and mentoring
- Train, develop, and mentor the team to drive excellence from each member
- Create departmental materials including , guidelines and SOPs to train team members
- Define service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the team while ensuring the adherence as defined by management
- Experience in IT Operations including cloud migration, data center migration, application and technology roll out.
- Experience managing large or cross-functional projects that span multiple departments.
- Experience communicating verbally and in writing with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Documented experience with process mapping, process improvement, and automation
- Experience in Agile and Lean methodologies
- Experience in pragmatic implementation of ITIL aligned governance frameworks
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding.
We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.