The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
This position is based in Perth Amboy, NJ; Secaucus, NJ; or San Francisco, CA and will report to the the Senior Director of Merchandising Operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide positive and inspirational leadership by building a strong organization focused on excellence and committed to the continuous development of employee skills. In short, build a productive, engaged team that is second to none
- Oversight and accountability for all standards and practices related to photography and retouching
- Hold both teams and individuals accountable for production/quota, time to site and quality metrics
- Partner cross functionally with Customer Service, Consignor Relations and merchandising as needed to ensure our customers' and consignors' needs are consistently exceeded
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that will enable better scaling e-commerce
- Develop the right KPIs to gain insight into performance and then use those KPIs to identify key areas for continuous improvement
- Use data to make decisions with a strong understanding of balance sheet and P&L to guide key decisions
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years of process operations. 3+ years of experience managing a large team of diverse employees, preferably a non-exempt workforce
- Photography experience preferably within an e-commerce company a plus but not a requirement
- Experience in workforce planning and scheduling is required. Interest in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment setting. Strong leadership abilities in managing and developing a high performing team
- Strong communication skills with a focus on being clear, simple, and direct
- Excellent business judgment, strong fact-based decision-making, problem-solving ability, and a practical sense of drawing the right conclusion
- Willingness to continuously improve, develop, understand industry best practices and desire to stay ahead of the curve
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master a back-end fulfillment software application
- Ability and experience to establish, coach & embed best practice fulfillment standards within the organization
- A sense of humor, personal integrity, competitive, collaborative working style and appreciation for the power of teamwork
- Travel will make up 30% of this role. Must be willing to travel once every 4 weeks