Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Operations to join our healthcare team in the Corizon Kansas Regional Office, located in Topeka, KS.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Director of Operations
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration or related field required.
- Minimum of 4 years of management experience in a healthcare setting. Multi-site management experience highly desirable. Correctional healthcareexperiencepreferred.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
- Mental health experience is preferred.
Job Summary of the Corizon Health Director of Operations
This Director Operations position will be responsible for the mental health program for sites in the Kansas contract. Implements Corizon strategies and ensures company goals and objectives are achieved in assigned sites. Directs people and monitors processes and programs across sites to achieve expected outcomes and contractual obligations, and meet or exceed client expectations. Travels to assigned facilities 50-75%; to corporate office several times/year.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Director of Operations
- Facilitates client understanding of connections between Corizon strategic priorities and client needs and expectations. Communicates client feedback.
- Identifies outside Agreements that need to be closely monitored in order to be in compliance with client contract. Develops, implements, and coaches others in use of Agreement monitoring tools.
- Implements contract data gathering tools related to client contract performance, and effectively uses data to identify solutions and make decisions. Coaches others in the collection and analysis of contract data. Directs appropriate action based on data analysis to ensure contract compliance. Recommends enhancements to contract terms.
- Educates and coaches others in regards to contract terms, conditions and requirements. Develops a feedback mechanism to Corizon and client regarding contract management, performance and variances.
- Develops, maintains, implements and actively participates in the Web of Influence and related activities in and across assigned sites.
- Coaches, educates and holds site managers accountable for behaviors and practices related to client service and satisfaction and for performance against established client relations priorities, plans and metrics. Holds site managers accountable for developing and managing facility-specific operational plans.
- Shares client feedback and companywide lessons learned regarding client relations with direct reports.
- Understands internal and external client priorities, anticipates client needs and gives high priority to strong, quality relationships supported by implementation of Clients for Life approach to client relations. Implements and monitors Web of Influence activity.
- Provides critical client relations information to VPO.
- Implements contract monitoring processes across assigned sites.
- Supports client report process. Generates meaningful custom reports using various computer applications. Creates and ensures all requiredreports are accurate and submitted timely.
- Participates in and contributes to Request for Proposal (RFP) process as directed.
- Cascades, translates and reinforces strategic priorities, targets and objectives in and across assigned sites. Incorporates Corizon's strategic direction and industry best practices when defining team solutions. Evaluates recommendations and decisions with regards to Corizon's current priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Takes action to achieve identified goals related to strategic priority measurement processes. Reports on results/outcomes of actions taken, and identifies and communicates barriers, challenges and resources needed to achieve expected results.
- Understands, compares and contrasts the strengths and weaknesses of Corizon and competitors' products and services. Leverages this knowledge/information to identify and implement improvement opportunities across assigned sites.
- Collaborates with site managers, regional team members and Corizon colleagues at all levels and from all areas/disciplines to implement and monitor business process and clinical quality improvement initiatives across assigned sites.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with all regulatory standards, legal requirements and Corizon administrative and clinical policies and procedures, and takes appropriate corrective action as needed. Recommends changes and contributes to creation of new policies/procedures as needed.
- Implements new systems and applies project management methodology to improve results.
- Serves as the primary operational contact with other sites/staff for at least one application or system. Ensures site managers are trained on the use of Corizon applications, systems, hardware and software. Assists others with resolution of operational, process-related Corizon application and computer hardware, software and related equipment issues/problems.
- Uses business systems and data to manage business and leverage efficiency and effectiveness of the workforce, clinical systems, and outcomes. Leads and/or charters performance improvement/clinical quality improvement projects and initiatives within assigned sites as indicated/needed.
- Coaches and holds direct reports accountable for implementation of corporate strategy. Takes action on priority objectives. Monitors and evaluates impact of company initiatives and policy or technology changes.
- Directs, monitors, and proactively participates in recruitment strategy implementation in and across assigned sites.
- Guides and ensures effective management of employee engagement, development, and retention efforts throughout area of responsibility and uses data to monitor progress.
- Identifies high potential talent for development, promotion and succession opportunities.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to direct reports in order to build and strengthen site management effectiveness. Assists site managers with performance coaching, corrective action, and other personnel issues, making sure Human Resources is involved as needed and appropriate.
- Participates in, supports, and holds direct reports accountable for orientation of new employees and coordination of all new hire and annual orientation and training activities in assigned sites.
- Coaches and educates direct reports on reporting requirements. Monitors and supervises compliance with reportdeadlines. Identifies and solves reporting problems/issues.
- Tracks, monitors, and communicates key regional planning, budgeting and forecasting activities. Assists and reviews the work of others on tasks associated with these activities.
- Reviews and analyzes budget and financialreports for assigned sites and takes corrective action as needed. Provides insight 'behind the numbers'. Solves planning, budgeting and forecasting problems/issues related to assigned sites.
- Proactively identifies and communicates potential financial issues/risks, and takes action to drive improvements in regional financial performance. Identifies financial process and reporting inefficiencies and suggests improvements.
- Coaches direct reports regarding use of the preferred provider list, and ensures that staff at all assigned sites are aware of and following established offsite service delivery strategies and agreements. Communicates issues/concerns related to preferred providers to VPO and Corporate Contracting and Purchasing Department.
- Uses labor data to proactively monitor staffing in assigned sites, anticipates labor management issues and directs appropriate corrective action to ensure staffing is maintained consistent with contract requirements.
- Teaches direct reports how to use labor management tools/systems/applications, produces and communicates labor management data to inform direct reports and others, and assists with resolution of labor process issues as needed.
- Maintains awareness of the delivery of services at hospitals and healthcare facilities outside of assigned sites, and provides input to negotiations of third party contracts as needed.