The Director or Operations provides leadership and oversight for clinic operations and administrative operations that support clinical operations such as clinical training, employee health, population health and quality. Along with the Medical Directors, is responsible for setting expectations in the areas of medical quality, service access, utilization, finance, productivity and operational excellence.
In this position you will:
- Operations: Develop and lead processes, projects and programs to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of clinics and other departments in support of clinics while meeting organizational strategic and financial goals.
- Work as an effective team member with other leadership to develop systems and promote guidelines and processes for quality improvement
- Participates in long range operational planning, implementation, and communication of organizational activities to promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Financial Management/Planning and Development: Work with Director Operations, Practice Managers and Medical leadership to develop clinic budgets and ensure they are used as an effective management tool
- Accountable for the financial success of the areas and clinics under leadership and the achievement of financial goals
- Maintains reports as needed to give clear measurable information to leadership
- Leadership/Human Resource Management: Participate in PacMed and Clinic leadership committees, projects, and functions. Serves as a mentor to those you lead and ensure compliance with State and organizational policies
- Ensures the recruitment and retention of high quality staff
- Assures managerial growth of Core Leaders under your leadership.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field.
- Master's degree
- 10 years or more in health care experience
- 3 years in clinic operations director level experience
- P&L responsibility
- Proven ability in leading multiple departments and groups of cross functional teams
- Self-directed and skilled at managing complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to listen, evaluate, participate in discussions and make persuasive arguments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Able to create strong inter-departmental relationships with providers, managers and staff
- Ability to coordinate across many cross-functional, multidisciplinary areas on operational issues
- The ability to recognize and leverage opportunities for business process improvements both within and across departmental lines
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; providers, caregivers and patients.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 7 years of progressive leadership experience, with P&L responsibility
- 5 years of ambulatory care work
- Clinic experience