CEVA Logistics is searching for a dynamic leader for our Chicago domestic and international freight forwarding operation. This Director level role is responsible for building a world-class sales and operations team by motivating and leading staff while optimizing costs, increasing revenues and improving profitability. Responsible for profitability, growth, quality of service, business expansion, safety, development of human resources, and the adherence to policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Develops recommended strategy to implement and monitor improvement programs in cost reduction, revenue growth, quality improvement, safety and best practices
- Develop, foster and grow positive and professional relationships with executive level customers and colleagues.
- Direct and manage high-volume domestic and international supply chain and value added services.
- Full accountability for P & L
- Review, analyze and present management and financialreports, budgets, expense reports and forecasts for facilities under responsibility to Senior Leadership.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, 3PL, Transportation or equivalent is strongly preferred (may consider relevant work experience in lieu of a degree) / Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years in a leadership role for domestic or international transportation
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Financial reporting, budgeting and P&L management experiencerequired.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, and organization skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience required.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to drive growth
- Position will require 10% or more travel.