Director of Operations & Business Development - Education Vertical
Our client is comprehensive education consulting company that works with governments, education providers, industry, unions, parents and communities in private and public school management to drive improvement. They have positioned itself with to work with multiple stakeholders to deliver fast, dramatic improvement of education. The consultancy offers a comprehensive array of services from school and system transformation to teacher training and cutting-edge learning enhancement. These services include, School Management, School Startup, Building School Capacity, Professional Learning, Infrastructure and Operations, and Supplemental Education.
The Director of Operations is a senior leadership position that will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships for the consultancy. The Director will play the lead role in identifying keys areas of growth as it relates to educational consulting for an array of potential clients.
The Director must establish relationships and partnerships with educational leaders and institutions, and peripheral vendors within the educational industry. Using these contacts, the Director will be responsible for the development of a strategic plan to generate revenue through creative initiatives as it relates to consulting within the industry. In addition, the Director will development implementation plans that must be scalable and transferable to different regions and different types of projects.
The Director should utilize the resources within the company community when it comes to staffing, identifying Subject Matter Experts (SME), and input from corporate leadership.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching education industry and related events, conferences, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Researches geographies and funding streams to identify areas for market penetration and high growth potential.
- Locates or proposes potential business opportunities by contacting potential clients and partners (Government Officers, Education Ministers, Key Industry Leaders); discovering and exploring new areas of business.
- Screens potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equityinvestments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal and networks; participating in professional organizations and online communities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Development a revenue strategy of sustainability and scalability
- Must leverage relationships to generate consulting opportunities.
- Pull resources from company and consultancy globally when necessary, particularly when it comes to staffing requirements and SME?s.
- Identify critical roles for expansion of consultancy and foster professional development for the regional team.
- Lead a team locally as well as project based teams off site.
- Experience in a sales orientated role with prospecting skills.
- Has been involved in sales presentations to high level officials.
- 5-10 years of experience in development of consulting services.
- 10+ years of experience in a revenue generating role within the education industry.
- Has multiple high level contacts within the education industry.