The Director of Operations, Mechanical Services (MS) is the operations leader for the TEiC Mechanical Services offering. The Director of Operations is responsible for providing overall leadership to the service offering and driving achievement of business targets. The Director of Operations will report to the Vice President of Operations.
Essential Responsibilities:Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Develop the Mechanical Services (MS) business modeling for achievement of short and long-term business success; implements model at both established and future MS operations locations.
- Directly leads Mechanical Services (MS) operations locations and provides leadership to management personnel; coaches and mentors direct reports to facilitate positive change; recommends corrective action, including personnel change, if necessary.
- Identifies high potential employees throughout the nation; fosters development of employees to support organizational growth.
- Observes wide assortment of issues related to current and future business outlook including labor trends, competitor positioning, marketplace conditions, and customer behaviors; provides insight and feedback to senior leadership.
- Drives all staff to complete all commercial, operational, and company reporting requirements by assigned date.
- Develops sales strategy in alignment with TEiC/BPI strategic priorities within power market and untapped growth markets; communicates and leads team to achieve sales targets.
- Assists senior leadership with corporate planning process for future resource loading including staff, equipment, and facilities; recommends off-cycle changes if required.
- Manages business offering budget including personnel, equipment, tooling, and facilities.
- Implements risk management practices for all facets of business including estimating, proposal management, and project execution.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:Position Qualifications
- Sound understanding of project controls and project risk management tools.
- Sound knowledge of power generation market; technical knowledge of power plants and power equipment.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing and negotiating with both plant and corporate utility personnel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment; capable of adjusting priorities.
- Experience leading salary and field personnel, both local and remote.
Education and Experience
- Preferred B.S. in Construction Management or Engineering.
- 7-10 years in field engineering, project management, or related experience.
- Progressive growth in positions of increasing responsibility