Fast growing global niche Tier 1 auotmotive grroup is looking for a Director Operations Automotive(multi-site) to lead thier manufactring initiativees. This leader will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day strategic ad tactical manufacturing activities for the operation.s
- Provides leadership for the implementation of the manufacturing strategy for a production facility t
- Must be able to travel monthly to attend leadership meetings in various locations in the United States and Europe.
- Understands and adhere to current health, safety, and environmental policies (ISO14001). Is empowered to identify, stop, and communicate or escalate appropriate action in regards to safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Champions change and facilitates team related functions to improve the business performance.
- Promotes and drives the organizations vision and utilization of World Class Manufacturing Standards.
- Is accountable for establishing and monitoring product safety related controls.
- Provides leadership to the Supply Chain team to ensure inventory accuracy and reduction goals are met.
- Works closely with Plant and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering to define cost-effective continuous improvement projects.
- Evaluates departmental constraints and supportsLean Manufacturing techniques to improve capacities.
- Develops and recommends the annual operating and capital budgets for the operation of the Plant, and ensure that all financial plans are met.
- Drives accountability through the use of tools and other methods to track performance.
- Establishes strong and effective working relationships that are conducive to maintaining a positive work environment.
- Drives the shop floor management processes with escalation to corporate as needed.
- Drives the facility to ensure safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and budget goals are achieved.
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the entire production facility. Managerial responsibility includes the departmental leaders of: HSE, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Human Resources and Continuous Improvement to achieve or exceed facility goals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Statistical evaluation software familiarity a plus.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques with emphasis on Standardized Work, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and JIT principles is required.
- Greenbelt Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing operations experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment. Prefer background in plastics and automotive.
- Minimum of 10-15years of managerial experience leading cross functional professionals.
- Requires a Bachelordegree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar field.
- MBA is highly preferred.