Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 69 days ago
Intersport, a leader in sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing and media for more than 33 years, provides expertise in the areas of:
• Agency Services: sponsorship consulting, experiential marketing, content marketing, and hospitality
•Assets – owned-and-operated media properties and live sports and lifestyle properties
One of Intersport’s Agency Services clients is the Allstate Insurance Company. Allstate has developed the “Allstate All-America Cup” program to recognize the country's rising high school men’s and women’s soccer stars as part of its ongoing commitment to the soccer community and offering superior protection to fans where they live, work and play.
In collaboration with MaxPreps, America's largest and most popular high school sports media company, Intersport, and Major League Soccer, Allstate will identify the nation's top high school soccer players in their junior year and award the "Allstate All-American" title to an elite group of 125 male and 125 female players. From the total of 250 high school players, 40 male and 40 female players will be selected for the unique opportunity to compete in the inaugural Allstate All-America Cup that that will take place in July in the city that hosts the 2019 Major League Soccer All-Star Game presented by Target – Orlando, Florida.
Four celebrity head coaches have been named to lead the 80 Allstate All-America Cup roster selections who will be divided across two male teams and two female teams. The matches will be televised on ESPNU during 2019 MLS All-Star Week. Additionally, the Allstate All-America Cup roster selections will be honored on the field during halftime of the 2019 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target.
Intersport is seeking candidates with an expertise in and passion for soccer. The Director of Operations must have extensive tournament operations or eventexperience in the form of managing showcase-level events consisting of elite soccer players at the high school or college level in a tournament or league setting.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse background managing multiple stakeholders with excellent communication and organization skills including experience managing eventbudgets,sourcing and managing on-site vendors as well as leading overall event execution.
The position requires travel from January through August of 2019 to support the event development, site selection and preparation, coordination and finally execution of the Allstate All-America Cup at the end of July in Orlando.
• Embody and reflect Intersport’s performance-based culture
• Commit him/herself to the highest standards of executional excellence
• Oversee operations of the Allstate All-America Cup event and develop a comprehensive execution plan, budget and run of schedule for all internal and external partners
• Organize all on-site venue execution including preparation, set-up, arrivals, practices, event games, departures, and break-down
• Develop, track and communicate detailed team schedules for event
• Serve as primary contact for all operations vendors, partners and agencies
• Develop and implement policies and rules of the event
• Identify and secure all permits necessary for the event
• Partner with Intersport team to ensure positive tournament experience for all constituencies – partners, participants, and fans
• Lead resolution of any and all conflicts amicably
• Partner with Intersport team to support other event duties as assigned
Budget & Financial Management
• Establish, manage, and reconcile program execution budget
• Ensure all financialobligations and process execution are concluded in a timely manner
Team Management and Staffing
• Instruct event staff and coordinate internal communication among relevant parties
• Secure, manage and coordinate event game officials
• Partner with Intersport team to recruit, schedule and oversee event volunteers
• Experience running elite soccer tournaments or leagues at the high school or club level
• Personal connection and diverse knowledge of soccer and experience in event planning
• Possess a positive outlook, patience, problem-solving skills, and dependability
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong leadership qualities for temporary event staff support
• Application of superior prioritization and time-management skills
• Proactive, team player with a strong work ethic
• Strong written and oral communication skills with proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel
• Ability to travel for business on trips typically lasting between two to five days
• Working relationships within soccer organizations, including Directors of Coaching and Technical Directors is a plus
• English fluency mandatory; conversational or fluent Spanish a plus