Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Director of Operations (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Administration Department at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer provides leadership and oversight for clinic operations at multiple sites. Along with the Medical Directors, is responsible for setting expectations in the areas of medical quality, service access, utilization, finance, productivity and operational excellence. Supports the Medical Directors in improving and maintaining physician productivity and service quality. Represents the clinics in organizational projects, committees and initiatives.
In this position you will:
- Direct and administer assigned functions to ensure high quality, cost-effective patient services, which meet or surpass Regulatory standards. Develop, modify and implement patient care standards, policies, procedures and protocols in collaboration with the nursing department. Establish clear clinical practice expectations for patient care areas.
- Evaluate organization structure, reporting relationships and position incumbents to ensure high standards of performance are obtained. Assure optimum organizational performance by meeting goals and projections; providing timely and accurate data as requested; and maintaining compliance with all Federal, State and local laws.
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual operating budget, ensuring that operations are managed within the established guidelines. Establish financial and programmatic goals and conduct an annual evaluation of goal achievement.
- Direct, coordinate and/or participate in various Swedish Medical Group and Ambulatory Care Network sub-committees as needed in order to promote the strategic and operational goals of the health system. Collaborate with colleagues from other divisions within the organization for the purpose of furthering goals and objectives of the organization.
- Select, train, develop and evaluate subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resource policies and organization philosophy. Monitor the progress of employee performance, review skills and practices, assess training needs, and implement appropriate training programs. Ensure timely staff performance evaluations, establish goals and criteria of performance for staff, and implement appropriate action for achievement.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Five (5) years experience in health care operations
- Six (6) years experience in health care operations leadership role
- Two (2) years experience in strategic planning, organizational assessment
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Master's Degree in related field
- Clinical experience
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes 128 primary care and specialty care clinics.