The Director of Operational Affairs will provide leadership and direction for operations and business development in all areas including budget preparation, strategic planning, operational personnel management, growth planning, non-clinical patient services, marketing and communications.
The Director of Operational Affairs provides leadership and guidance on the creation of FCI’s new business development strategy. This exempt position reports to the Executive Director and reports into the Central Billing Office in Glenview, Illinois.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exhibits leadership of operations with respect to the organization’s mission and goals. This consistent exhibition of leadership includes the coaching and execution of the organization’s values in all functional work as well as intercompany interactions.
- Coordinates with Directors with advanced methods to execute strategy.
- Ultimately responsible for development of new business.
- Coach, develop, lead and supervise FCI’s Office Managers and Patient Liaisons.
- Hold monthly/quarterly operations meetings with FCI Office Managers and Patient Liaisons.
- Analyzes market strengths/weaknesses of current program and identifies opportunities for business development and growth, service improvements and improved financial performance.
- Integrates key physician leaders into planning and management of patient care services.
- Creates and implements strategic plans to increase patient volume through assuring physician satisfaction within clinical operations.
- Determine, plan, and establish the strategic course to improve and strengthen FCI’s business and services in the outpatient clinics, thus improving the contribution margin to the enterprise.
- Inspires staff enthusiasm for and generates commitment to program goals. Builds support for changes in direction among people with diverse interests, needs, and values.
- Analyze changes in demographics, market competition and social and economic factors in the organization environment to formulate the clinic's vision and values statements.
- Study trends, innovative approaches and new patient visits to suggest and implement new concepts towards meeting organizational strategic goals.
- Review and provide input into the modification of the clinic structure and its services to improve and expand operations and/or services.
- Is jointly responsible with the Executive Director for FCI’s profit and loss, budget variances, and new patient visit volumes.
- Perform feasibility and financial studies to determine value-added analysis, breakeven analysis, revenue generation, and return on the investment for all proposed new services or programs.
- Effectively creates, manages and maximizes key relationships to create synergies, alliances and new opportunities.
- Understand and implement business controls across functions to ensure that there is clear understanding and ownership of key scorecard measurements (quality, efficiency, effectiveness, cost, service) as well as driving continuous improvement over time.
- Motivate and develop teams through ongoing organizational and industry change – developing and aligning with strategies of the future. Includes the ability to drive effective Change Leadership practices to provide the proper amount of support to our teams through these transitions.
- Leverage marketing, advertising and local market funds to promote the brand within the local market.
- Utilize experience and FCI’s cultural accents to further develop the practice’s footprint. These cultural accents are: Judgement, Communication, Impact, Curiosity, Innovation, Courage, Passion, Honesty and Selflessness.
- Strong experience with business development and physician relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least six (6) years of experience in the healthcare industry within functions which could include sales, marketing, branding, finance, national accounts, operations and contracting.
- Preferred: MBA, MHA, LEAN-Six Sigma certification.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing/supporting strategic business plans for business segments or key accounts.
- Experience presenting to and partnering with internal and/or external executives at vice president level.
- Knowledge and skills in forecasting and developing budgets.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Ability to collaborate across departmental lines, establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Client service oriented (both internal and external).