This position manages the operational general ledger accounting department and governs the integrity of the accounting system and its internal controls. The control system should provide effective and efficient operations, reliable financialreporting and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Maintains a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and complies fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitors, provides reporting on, and ensures compliance with banking laws and regulations.
- Establishes monitors and enforces internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with Cap-X, T&E, and spending policies.
- Ensures compliance with 1099 reporting requirements.
- Coordinates Sarbanes Oxley testing and ensures controls are appropriate.
- Develops and implements accounting systems and controls surrounding accounts payable, customer receivables, and other financial areas.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors for year-end and other reviews.
- Manages the operational accounting staff including hiring, performance reviews and disciplinary action, when appropriate.
- Provides guidance to divisional managers/directors in financial issues as they relate to operations
- Responsible for protecting employees, customers and corporate information. Follows established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based solely on business need. In addition, any company-proprietary information (including but not limited to customer information) may not be transferred or transported outside of HDFS by employees upon leaving the company.
Maintenance of Accounting Records and Reporting:
- Oversees daily balancing of accounting activity.
- Responsible for the completion of appropriate journal entries and reconciliations.
- Performs the monthly accounting close.
- Assists in the preparation of HDFS related disclosure in Annual Reports, 10-Q, 10-K and proxy statement.
- Coordinates the preparation of the Eaglemark Savings Bank financials.
- Assists corporate office in the development of annual and quarterly adjusted budgets.
- Performs other duties as are assigned, including special projects and miscellaneous tasks.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training, establishing personal networks, and participation in professional societies.
- Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
Bachelor's Degree Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting
- Banking industry experiencerequired
- SEC reporting preferred.
- Extensive management experience with professional and clerical staff.
- Public accounting experiencepreferred.
- Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Displays independent judgment and problem solving skills, and the ability to work with others at a variety of skills levels.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to define roles and responsibilities and delegate effectively.
- Effective use of technology.
- Motivated to achieve performance measurements and development goals.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Auto req ID: 214