The Director of Operating Taxes will lead a team to ensure the timely and accurate completion of North American operating tax (Payroll, Sales and Use, Property, Federal Excise, and business licenses) and compliance activities. This role will support the positions taken by the Company while mitigating risks through appropriate documentation and disclosure; and, ensure the timely and accurate delivery of information in support of tax planning, audit, and accounting activities. This role will develop and refine the vision for the North American operating taxreporting including: continuous improvement, relationship management, and the integration with other Tax divisions, Finance, and business processes.
- Develop annual resource plan and budget aligned with other COEs and teams, specifically Risk Management and Consulting, project timelines and resource plans.
- Identify, scrutinize, and incorporate law changes into tax systems and return filing positions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the indirect tax filings, payments, and returns consistent with resource plan and budget.
- Ensure appropriate review of the indirect tax filings, payments, returns, and general ledger accounts; as well as, audit ready workpapers. Ensure the Risk Assessment Matrix appropriately reflects the correct risk profile for each tax filing and entity based on current tax law and business activity.
- Lead significant process efficiency and automation across the indirect tax areas to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the compliance, audit, and advocacy activities of the team.
- Develop and recommend tax plans to reduce the Corporation’s overall tax burden and optimize cash flow; specifically, opportunities to improve operating profit and increase cash efficiency.
- Ensure tax forecasts reflect the best available information for key drivers.
- Support and/or manage indirect taxaudits, appeals and tax refund or credit reviews, and working relationships with tax and revenue authorities.
- Develop and implement indirect tax policies, procedures, and internal controls in close coordination with the finance and Tax Accounting teams.
- 12 years or more of broad-based US indirect taxexperience in a large multinational corporation or public accounting firm
- 5 years or more experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced credentials of CPA, MST, MBA, or JD
- Preparation of corporate tax returns utilizing tax software systems in a large multinational corporation or public accounting firm