About this role
Our Director of Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse with experience in the practice of nursing and possessing advanced studies and expertise in administration of Nursing Services. Has the authority, responsibility and accountability for structuring, comprehensive planning, and implementing the Nursing Service Program.
What you bring to the table
Education for Director of Nursing:
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing required
- Master's in Nursing required
Experience for Director of Nursing:
- Two (2) years of leadership experience in a clinical setting required
- Forensic treatment setting preferred
- Acute Psychaitric/ Mental Health
- Ability to work under pressure
Licenses/Certifications for Director of Nursing:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State
- Current CPR certification
What you will do
- Participates in planning, priority setting and the development of policies and procedures for health care activities that comply with facility and contractual requirements and Joint commission or other applicable accrediting body and State standards.
- Coordinates and monitors orientation, in-service training, and continuing education with the H.S.A.
- Coordinates the development, provision, and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of nursing practice in the state in which the facility is located.
- Conducts recruitment/retention efforts for nursing service.
- Prepares/submits reports as requested for Health Services Administrator (H.S.A.) in a timely manner.