SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Reporting into the facility CEO the Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for oversight of the routine functioning of the unit on his/her assigned shift. Responsible for the quality improvement/risk management program and education of the department. As a Registered Nurse, the DON is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Director of Nursing is responsible for assisting with the achievement of patient outcomes with the mission of the facility.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency through out the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, otherhealthcareworkers, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patients care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based on age-specific needs utilizing developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate and continued knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Responsibly demonstrates and the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Experience, and Licensure:
- Has successfully completed the program at an accredited school of nursing
- Current state nursing license in South Carolina OR NLC/ENLC License
- At least two (2) to five (5) years of nursing experience in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center is required.
- Orthopedic experiencerequired- open to a varied specialties
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation or current PALS certification.