Blue Ridge Surgery Center in Raleigh, NC is currently seeking a Director of Nursing
Opened in 1985, Blue Ridge Surgery Center is a state-of-the-art outpatient surgical center and boast a medical directory of over 80 multidisciplinary physicians. Our physicians and staff deliver quality care in the private, calming atmosphere of our 13,000 sq. ft. surgical facility. With 6 operating rooms and 2 procedure rooms, Blue Ridge Surgery Center performs over 9,000 cases a year, all with over a 96% patient satisfaction and less than a 0.002% infection rate–both outperforming national standards. A partner of Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA), our center is JCO certified meeting the rigorous standards to ensure quality, safe and efficient patient care. We strive to make our facility a family friendly atmosphere, so you and your loved ones can have a stress-free experience.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care within the facility. They will assume responsibility as a department lead of the OR/pre op/ PACU. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for the facilities quality improvement / risk management and education of the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is responsible to work in patient care. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, otherhealthcareworkers, etc.
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- 4 plus years of nursing leadership in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center
- Current CA nursing license
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Accreditation experience a must