SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. on SCA, visit .
Texas Health Surgery Center Rockwall is an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located on the first floor in the adjacent medical office building on Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Rockwall. We are currently seeking a Preop-PACU Nurse Manager.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility. They will assume responsibility as a department lead of the OR, Preop, and PACU. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for the facilities quality improvement, risk management, infection control, and education of the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is responsible to work in patient care. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Provides leadership oversight to ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility's policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & leadership, and develops positive working relationships within departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital staff, vendors and the public – in person, on the telephone, or by email.
- Analyzes and correlates clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Provides direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of Texas required
- Experience working at an ambulatory surgery center, at least two (2) to five (5) years required, and management/leadership experience at an ambulatory surgery center REQUIRED
- Multispecialty Operating Room experience strongly preferred. Center is heavy in orthopedics, ENT, pain management, and gastroenterology
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), ACLS, and PALS within 90 days of employment or documentation of current certification
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required
- Computer experience, HST, Excel, Word.