Director of Nursing - Surgical Care Affiliates
Join our team! We have an exciting opportunity at Surgical Center of Chevy Chase!
WHO WE ARE:
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians.
BENEFITS TO WORKING AT SURGICAL CENTER OF CHEVY CHASE:
- Our management team is focused on providing the highest level of care and communication to our patient, physician specialists and their staff.
- We greatly value our patients and their families' confidence in entrusting us with their safety, comfort, and convenience while we provide optimal clinical care.
- Our physicians enjoy a partnership that provides an efficient extension to their offices for cost effective alternatives, and time saving features to augment today's medical practice.
- A foundation for our team – we respectfully pledge our commitment to provide training, education and the advancement of the work environment though dedicated corporate support.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care within the facility. They will assume responsibility as a department lead of the OR/Pre Op/ PACU. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for the facilities quality improvement / risk management and education of the teammates. As a Registered Nurse, the Director of Nursing is responsible to work in patient care. The Director of Nursing is also responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, other healthcare workers, etc.
- Recognizes legal policy limits and individual practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing preferred
- Minimum 2 years of nursing leadership in a hospital or ambulatory surgery center
- At least one (1) year OR circulating experience
- Current MD nursing license
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS) or willingness to obtain