Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 90 programs and over 3,000 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As the newest member of the Telecare family, Telecare will operate the new King County Evaluation & Treatment (E&T) Facility as a licensed 16-bed facility providing 24/7 intensive inpatient psychiatric treatment for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. Individuals age 18 years or older who meet medical necessity criteria will be admitted on a voluntary or involuntary basis. New Hire Orientation is scheduled for the end of the year. The program will start accepting Clients in December or January.
Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for activities and functions related to the administration of patient care systems and patient care in nursing areas and departments.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and: four (4) years of experience two (2) in psychiatric nursing and two (2) years in a supervisory capacity OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field, (2) years of experience and one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
- Current valid licensure as an RN in the state of Washington is required.
- If employed at Inpatient Program:
- Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
- Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- If position requires CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid, must receive training within 30 days of employment and remain current on those trainings throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- A MSN degree and administrative experience in long term care preferred.
- CPR certification is preferred.
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls nursing services.
- Develops departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures; and organizes the department to meet legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; functions in an advisory capacity to the administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to care of persons served.
- Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments.
- Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing the effectiveness of the facility.
- Is available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve travel.
- Establishes the staffing requirements and recommends to administration the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed.
- Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
- Implements the safety program and actively participates in reducing Workers Compensation.
- Establishes standards for procurement of supplies and equipment for the department.
- Manages the Nursing Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget.
- Ensures that the nursing department is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements.
- Oversees and ensures medication management and infection control standards. ? Collaborates with leadership team and all department on quality initiatives.
- Coordinates nursing services with other clinical and ancillary services. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations, that promote mental health services.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.