Director of Nursing - Protem
Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
* Manage the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident's healthcare needs are met
* Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff (LPN/LVN, RN), the Med Techs/CMAs (if required by State Regulations) and/or Lead Resident Care Associates
* Manage the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates and ensure that family members are aware of the resident's needs
* Supervise the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by care giving staff
* Provide training, supervision, and monitoring of associates in the administration of medications as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Act, to include auditing of medication administration records
Required skills and qualifications:
* Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse licensure
* Three years of relevant experience
* Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment
* Ability to assess a situation and start actions to ensure compliance, enhance quality of care and provide training
* Must be willing to travel
Brookdale is the largest senior living solutions company in the country, with 1,000+ communities in 46 states serving 110,000 residents around the country. That translates to lots of career opportunities for you! We offer independent living, assisted living, Memory Care, skilled nursing, continuing care retirement, in-house therapy, hospice, home health, and personalized living.
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone though the Good People Program!
Job #: DCSSNE1florNJ50288