Director of Nursing
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Hospital Administration
Job Category: Medical / Health - Nurse Leadership
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the clinical practice of nursing which includes directing all services provided by the Nursing Services Department. As a member of Senior Management, this position ensures the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs, and services consistent with the facility's goals and objectives, and actively participates in a leadership role by consulting with facility management in designing and providing total patient care and services.
Hospital is a free-standing psychiatric hospital specializing in mental health and chemical dependency care. We provide a wide range of services and programs that offer evidence-based treatment proven to have positive outcomes for our patients.
Our inpatient and outpatient services offer supportive and compassionate care through specialty programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our patients.
We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits program:
- Generous paid time off- for holidays, vacation, illness and family leave
- Tuition assistance including reimbursement and/or repayment
- Extended Leave Benefits
- Employee assistance program, including counseling, referrals and career guidance
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long term disability
- Free Parking
- Smoking Cessation program
- Discount programs
- Discounted meals
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Master's degree in Psychiatric Nursing; Bachelor's - Nursing
- 5 years nursing leadership experience
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Oregon
- Thorough knowledge of JCAHO, Medicare, OSHA regulations, and other regulatory standards.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Bonus Eligible - No
- 5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
Minimum Education - Master's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
The ideal candidate will provide a senior level of nursing leadership experiencewith a team oriented leadership style focused in a Mental Health hospital environment.