Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children, Methodist Children's Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital continues to lead the region in treating severely ill children, those with complex and chronic medical diagnoses, by providing the most sub-specialized care available. Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion which will increase the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet.
The new tower includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children's imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The 94-bed neonatal intensive care unit, still the region's largest, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 and is the city's only Texas Department of Health-designated Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit. The new tower also includes 15 additional ER rooms, bringing the total to 40. Methodist Children's Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children's Hospital under Locations.
Why join the Methodist Children's Hospital team?
- Nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A.
- MCH is the city's only Texas Department of Health-designated Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit.
- Among the nation's top three providers of blood and marrow stem cell and cord blood transplants for children.
- Has won the San Antonio Express-News' People's Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times - more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas.
- Received the Texas Award for Performance Excellence.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Leadership Incentive bonus
- Sign on Bonus
- Relocation Bonus (if outside of San Antonio)
- Reports to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s).
- Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- Models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Note: Current MHS employees who completed a Nursing Diploma or Associates in Nursing degree program who are currently in a Nurse Director position have until 1/1/2014 to meet BSN education requirements.
- Three years recent RN acute care experience.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service l ine, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field; 1-year management experience as a charge RN, clinical care manager/supervisor, or manager.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.