The Nurse Director is responsible for the integration, facilitation, and coordination of administrative and clinical practice for the assigned nursing unit(s) with twenty-four hour accountability. Provides management and clinical support to other nursing units and house-wide as required. Serves as a professional role model, mentor, and clinical resource/educator for nurses and other members of the health care team. Develops unit goals and objectives with staff based on analysis of clinical and managerial processes to improve patient outcomes and create a culture of excellence. Represents the unit and is a liaison to internal and external customers. Is responsible for participating in unit budget development, monitoring, and variance analysis/reporting. Participates in product line development in partnership with clinical value analysis team (CVAT) and materiels management team processes. Participates in professional development activities and is active on hospital-wide committees.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing. A Bachelor of Science inNursing (BSN) or higher degree in Nursing is required/ Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- Must possess current license as a Registered Nurse from the Commonwealth of Virginia State Boardof Nursing or awaiting reciprocity .
- Certification in specialty or nursing leadership preferred
- Membership in a professional organization preferred
- Must maintain current Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Work requires knowledge of organization and operation of a patient care unit and nursing caretechniques and methods. Possess knowledge generally acquired through three to five years ofexperience as a professional nurse, with progressively increasing responsibility and experienceappropriate to specialty area.
- Must have a broad based knowledge of clinical, psychological, and pathophysiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and treatment , Possesses the ability to perform the range of nursingtechniques found in general nursing practice including the unusual and non-routine as normallyacquired through three to five years’ experience as a professional nurse.
- Previous work experience in a supervisory or charge nurse position that required knowledge offinancial management and personnel supervision and practice.
You must be 18 years of age to work for Bon Secours.
Bon Secours is a drug-free workplace. In addition, Bon Secours Richmond and Hampton Roads facilities participate in nicotine-free hiring.