Director of Nursing
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide. We have a graciously appointed facility with strong belief in patient care and service; join us at our beautiful facility!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Director of Nursing is responsible for, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the nursing service department as well as its programs and activities in accordance with current rules and regulations and guidelines that govern the nursing care facilities. Job duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a reference library and periodically update to assist the nursing service department in meeting the day to day needs of the residents.
- Develop and maintain methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as directed.
- Maintain a cooperative and productive relationship with the assigned Clinical Services Coordinator follow-up and ensure resolution to all identified issues.
- Develop action plan for systems issues and quality indicators over threshold and submit to CSC for review.
- Collect, review and analyze clinical outcome data and determine trends.
- Attend and provide clinical outcome data trends at the QA and A committee meeting monthly.
- Participate in the QA and A Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist in planning for resident admissions and discharges.
- Serve on, participate in and attend various committees of the facility as appointed by the Administrator.
- Determine and monitor the staffing needs of the nursing department and ensure the assignment of appropriate and adequate numbers of nursing staff daily for each shift to ensure that the needs of the residents are met.
- Review annually at a minimum, all nursing services policies and procedures.
- Participate in the interviewing process and select, with the Administrator's approval, all Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Ensure yearly written performance evaluation of all nursing staff.
- Assist support services in developing, implementing, and conducting in service training programs that relate to the nursing department.
- Ensure that there are adequate supplies for resident care.
- Ensure that medical and nursing care is administered in accordance with the resident's wishes and per the individualized care plan.
- In coordination with the Administrator, prepare, plan and adhere to the nursing services budget.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Ensure residents are treated with dignity and respect and resident rights are maintained.
- Maintain a liaison with the residents, their families and support departments to adequately plan for the resident's needs.
- Provide education and in-servicing to facility staff according to educationschedule and/or regulatory requirements.
- A minimum of three years of experience in long term care nursing management
- At least 2 years nursing managerial experiencerequired.
- Travel as required for regional or corporate meetings and marketing duties.
- Currently licensed as RN in state of practice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing with two years of additional education in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing.