Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Vermont Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking FULL TIME Director of Nursing to work our Northeast Correctional Complex in St. Johnsbury, VT.
Provide clinical, educational and professional supervision for nursing and support staff. Collaborate with site healthcare leadership, facility leadership and other multidisciplinary team members to maintain and improve healthcare programs and services provided to incarcerated population.
Some Essential Duties:
- Directs nursing roles as member of multidisciplinary treatment team to develop, implement, monitor and maintain healthcare service and continuity of care. Communicates with team members individually, at staff/team meetings and through written documentation
- Develops, maintains and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates in recruitment and selection of nursing and support staff to maintain sufficient, qualified staffing levels
- Monitors, reviews and evaluates performance of assigned nursing and support staff and submits written evaluations for all applicable staff
- Ensures medication and treatment orders are followed correctly and in compliance with state practice acts and legal principles
- Plans and manages work schedule of nursing and support staff to meet program requirements
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits including:
Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
401(k) with company match
Generous paid time off
Flexible Spending Account
- Completion of an accredited registered nursing program. BSN preferred
- Must hold a valid Vermont RN license
- Progressive nursing experience in nursing care with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience in acute care, ambulatory care or correctional environment preferred.