Centurion of Florida, a partnership with MHM Services and Centene, is part of the fastest growing correctional healthcare company in the nation and is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the Florida Department of Corrections. MHM Services is a leading provider of specialized comprehensive health services to state and local governments nationwide. Today we employ over 7,000 of the best and brightest healthcare professionals across 15 states.
Come grow with us! We are seeking a Full Time Director of Nursing (DON) at Marion Correctional Institution located in Ocala, Florida. The DON will provide clinical, educational and professional supervision for nursing and support staff, and will also collaborate with site healthcare and facility leadership, and other multidisciplinary team members, to maintain and improve healthcare programs and services to an incarcerated (male) population. *Florida Department of Corrections experience is required.
- Directs nursing roles as member of multidisciplinary treatment team to develop, implement, monitor and maintain healthcare service and continuity of care.
- Communicates with team members individually, at staff/team meetings and through written documentation
- Develops, maintains and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Participates in recruitment and selection of nursing and support staff to maintain sufficient, qualified staffing levels
- Monitors, reviews and evaluates performance of assigned nursing and support staff and submits written evaluations for all applicable staff
- Ensures medication and treatment orders are followed correctly and in compliance with state practice acts and legal principles
- Plans and manages work schedule of nursing and support staff to meet program requirements
CENTURION OF FLORIDA OFFERS A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Health savings account with matching employer contributions
- Generous paid leave program - 20 days available after the first 90 days
- Paid holidays - 8 nationally recognized holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match with no vesting period
- Career development benefit
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Wellness activity subsidy
- Access to corporate discount programs and MORE!
- Current Florida RN license.
- Prior nursing leadership experiencepreferred.
- Florida Department of Corrections experience required.
- Ability to obtain security clearance, to include drug screen and background check.