Reaction Search International is a global retained executive search firm. We are currently working with a key client of ours - a state-of-the-art long term care facility - who has an urgent need to hire a Director of Nursing.
The Director of Nursing is a key member of the organization's nursing team. He/she will plan, direct, and evaluate the overall operations of the company's Nursing Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel, and implements discipline according to operational policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
Experience & Competencies
- 5-7+ years of nursing experience of progressive responsibility.
- 4+ years of nursing leadership experience in a long-term care setting.
- Change agent with transformational experience in turning around an organization.
- High degree of leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a resident-focused, team-oriented environment.