Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Director of Nursing for Inpatient Services (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Director is accountable for the operations of the inpatient nursing units and is responsible for the quality assessment, implementation, coordination, evaluation, and standardization of system wide inpatient care.
In this position you will:
- Develop and implement standards and processes for the inpatient units that guide and support the delivery of patient care that are in compliance with professional, regulatory, and community standards. Support and maintains services and programs to improve patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Provide direction, leadership and coordination of the Acute Care Services.
- Continually evaluate staffing levels based on patient care needs and acuity, changing health care environment, budgetary requirements and staff competency. Make clinical rounds to evaluate patient care and provide positive feedback. Support technology and information systems to enhance the clinical and service needs of customers. Assess local and national trends and make recommendations for changes in delivery systems.
- Establish and maintain visible leadership role in clinical areas.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing if Master’s degree is not in Nursing
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Certification in Nursing Administration required after 2 years in the position
- Minimum of five years of administrative experience in an acute care setting
- Experience with acute care
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with large service line