Foulk Manor North is a beautiful community in Wilmington, DE, with more than 160 units offering independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer's care, and skilled nursing care.
At this time, we are seeking a Director of Nursing to join our team!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents
- Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing Department
- Ensures that nursing interventions meet the personal, physical and cognitive needs of each resident as well as maximize his/her self-care capacities, identity, independence, choice and opportunity for social interaction.
- Supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing and participates in the revision of these as necessary to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary resident care management efforts.
- Ensures effective and efficient organization and staffing of the nursing department
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice that includes a basic knowledge in Geriatric Nursing.
- Familiarity with State and Federal Regulations
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN degree highly desired.
- 3 years experience in Geriatric Nursing, including management responsibilities
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in the State.
- Must possess current CPR Certificate.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty of Geriatrics is desirable.
Must have RN license
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.